Most people will have to deal with acne at some point or another, with many people having to deal with it to a significant degree for a significant period of time.
What’s worse, many of the over-the-counter remedies for pimples do more harm than good. However, you shouldn’t let that discourage you from your search for good, natural home remedies for acne.
1. Some people recommend an apple cider vinegar facial application. You simply do a 50/50 mixture of filtered water and apple cider vinegar. Be careful not to apply too much to your face, as vinegar is a drying agent.
2. Some people use sour cream and strawberries on their faces. You simply mix them and you have a nice weekly facial paste.
3. Cucumbers are a classic for skin health. Cucumbers soothe irritated skin and help to keep it from drying out. You simply cut slices out of the cucumbers and apply them for about a half hour to any irritated skin.
4. Green tea bags are a popular natural home remedy for acne. You can drink your green tea and then rinse the tea bags in cold water for use as a half-minute acne application.
5. Honey masks are thought to be natural home remedies for acne and other infections of the skin. It’s not known how it works exactly, but many people believe in it enough to put it all over their faces twice per week.
6. Garlic, as you might expect, is commonly used as a natural home remedy for acne. It’s a natural antibiotic and has properties that repair and even reduce acne breakouts.
Apply fresh garlic to areas where there is acne. Few things get more positive testimonials than garlic. Use this acne natural remedy at bedtime if you’d rather not be walking around during the day smelling like garlic.
7. Rosewater is among the more surprising natural remedies for acne. Two to three washes in rosewater daily is worth a try if you want healthier looking facial skin.
8. Tea tree oil may be directly applied to pimples. Unlike many of the other directly applied natural home remedies, tea tree oil will leave your skin with a nice moisture balance.
You don’t have to be a victim of acne. However, if you have severe acne or any other skin conditions, you should consult with your doctor before beginning any topical acne treatment program.
For those with mild, but embarrassing acne breakouts, these acne natural treatments may be worth the effort it takes to test each for yourself.